8.25.2006

Our New House

When Devon & I went to visit Nicole in AZ for Memorial day weekend, John decided to look at new houses. Well, three months and $X.oo dollars later, we are proud owners of a dirt lot!

We will be moving to Maple Valley, WA which is about 15-20 minutes south of where we are now. It is a new cracker box style development with LOTS of neighbors; none of which will be directly on the other side of our walls or under our floor. We will also have a yard. I am SO looking forward to being able to tell the kids to GO OUTSIDE!



This is what the front of the house will look like. The fancy dormer in the middle is a total fake. We won't be able to access it at all. Isn't that a waste. I think it would look great with those little Christmas candles in it!
















We will go from a three bedroom, 1800sqft Condo to a 3387sqft house. The first floor has a formal dining & living room, butlers pantry, kitchen, breakfast nook, family room, den, and powder room. The second floor has 5 bedrooms, one being the HUGE master suite w/his & hers walk-in closets & master bath; laundry room, bath, and "common area" which will serve as the kids "living room" where they don't have to hang out with us 'old' people...

It will be nice to have a little elbow room. The condo has been a nice space for this blended family to "get to know each other" Now, we are ready for a little more space. I really don't know how we have not killed each other where we are now- we have 7 people here when the whole family is here - 8 when Nicole visits!! Just plain crazy!
















So, what does it look like now??? Dirt - with forms for concrete foundations... I think I will not miss hanging dry wall - not that wasn't fun...



I can't wait for it to be done! You will all be invited to the house warming!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Make sure you remember to tell us about the housewarming party... we'll be there with bells on. We are still settling in, but will be calling you soon to get together. The house looks amazing... be sure to blog often. We love seeing what you all are up to!

Love to you all!
Heather, Ethan and the Gang