5.25.2012

My Menu Board

I detest making menus.  LOATHE having to come up with dinner everyday.   My family, when asked what they want, gives me the same answers everytime...  I dunno.  I don't care. Or, the regular menu items that we have SO frequently I am sick to death of cooking and eating them.

Then, I found Pinterest.  There are SO many menu board ideas.  I found one that I liked (See it here).  I love how clean and simple it is.  I love the colors.  I HATE that it has a book to go along with it. 

So, THIS is mine: 



Mine is made basically the same way.  I used burlap as the background material with a gorgeous rose ribbon under "Menu".   I ordered the letters from this site.   Their letters are inexpensive.  And, you can choose your font, finish, and size (height and thickness).   

I printed the menu items on a piece of card stock and "laminated" them with shipping tape.  I'm sure you noticed the QR code at the end of the menu item.  Yup. DITCH that paper!!  When it's time to shop, I scan the code with my phone/tablet. List off the ingredients I need.  When it's time to cook.  Yup. Scan it again and have my phone/tablet right on the counter with me and cook away.  No paper.  No lugging the laptop to the kitchen.  LOVE it. 

The burlap pockets at the bottom (there are actually two since I have LOTS of recipes) - The top pocket is the menu to choose from, the bottom pocket to discard...  

I used Velcro instead of the cute nails, bad planning on my part...   Overall.  

I LOVE it!!!   

What do you think??  

No comments: