So, we went to out local Wal*Mart, bought a pattern, picked out material, came home and got to work....
We pinned the pattern to the material and Ke'ala got busy cutting... It took her a try or two to master the right handled scissors, but she did it!! I helped ONLY when there was a curved line - so, NOT MUCH!! (I seriously need to invest in left handed scissors for her!)



Once all the pieces were cut - It was time to start sewing. I helped her start since this was her first time that I know of when she's done any sewing... She got a feel for the machine. Did a bit of practicing on a scrap piece of material and away she went. She did pretty good, too! We only had to re-do a couple of seams.


A few items needed to be "slip stitched". I showed her what she needed to do and she did it. it wasn't perfect - but, for a 9 year old girl, I think she did a MARVELOUS job!!

Pattern - picked out by Ke'ala
Material - picked out by Ke'ala (orange is her Mama's favorite color!)
Finished product - 97% of it done by KE'ALA!!
The finished product modeled by Ke'ala:

I am one proud Step Mama! She did great! Matching pot holders are next. (But - - SHhhh! Don't let Joellen know! Ke'ala wants it to be a SURPRISE!)
5 comments:
awesome. very well done. (sorry, I was gone on facebook when you said that.)
very nice! so far, when we have been home, we have totally done the tv / computer thing LOL
but next week, things should settle down. very cool ideas
dont you think it's time for a new posting?
Sue,
I have wondered for a long time where you landed. I was close to your family when you were small. It is fun to read what you have written.You are good with words and your excitement shows. How fun!
Great to see your talent. WOudl love to see you too.
Post a Comment