5.25.2009

Memorial day, Easter, a reading puppy, and other miscellaneous happenings....

So, I know, it's been forever since I posted. Sorry.

First misc. happenings -I FINISHED my quilt!!! YAY! It took me awhile to get back into it. I had my finger operated on in November and then Christmas, trip back to Pa, and, after putting it away for a bit too long, I was hesitant on starting again. When the class finished, we had the quilt pinned together and we had to finish it on our own. I was a bit nervous.... So, Last week, after a very LONG hiatus, I pulled everything out last week. I finished quilting the top in two days. I completed the binding in three. It took a long time and I certainly got over my fear of the sewing machine. I will be starting quilting #2 on Wednesday. :)

(See it closer, give the pic a click!)



So,Devon & I took a trip back to Pa in January. We took Izzy to her new home. I didn't take my camera. So, no pics. We were home for a week. After trying to fit everyones visits in a short time, I decided one week was NOT enough. Devon & I will be home in July/August long enough for people to tell us to go home. We can't wait. Izzy is a new home owner and from what I understand, is SPOILED rotten.

Kamahele was adopted by a local family and he is doing GREAT. Devon was lucky enough to get to puppy sit him for a night in May. His new family named him Dakota.




We have decided that we are going to keep Ipolani. He is the most favorite puppy of ALL the kids. They all want to keep him. Once the kids are all grown, Ipo will have family rotation with each of the kids.... Here he is doing homework with Pono.



And with Ke'ala. Can you feel the love tonight.....




As for the other dogs.. Puna should be renamed to Pain-a. He's cute. but, ugh.

And beautiful Ku'uipo. She's my baby.



On to Easter. I decided this year to MAKE peanut butter eggs. It was fun, it was EASY, and they were super YUMMY! I will have to share the recipe with Chef Eliza and she can make them for an Easter blog next year!

Devon and Ke'ala had a blast helping me in the kitchen! We made white chocolate, milk chocolate, and dark chocolate. Yum!





Big NEWS - Devon got a cell phone. She is already a texting maniac! In exchange for the additional cost, She has agreed to help me in the yard... She's a great helper and am always surprised when she's not afraid to dig in and help and get dirty!




Today is, at least for a few more minutes, is Memorial Day. John & I and the kids with his sister & her family went to Lake Sammamish State park for the day. We played ladder ball, Frisbee, horse shoes. We enjoyed great weather and great food and fabulous company.


Nicole & Travis



Mele and her friend Thomas.




Devon & Ke'ala playing horse shoes.
Devon is a poser...


Devon playing ladder ball...



Nicole playing ladder ball. She was playing with Kele & Kamalu & Travis. Kele was doing exceptionally well and Nicole thought she would hinder his playing by moving the ladder farther away from him. He threw the balls and got two points. so, she moved it a bit father back and turned it sideways. He threw the balls - sideways.... and got a three pointer, knocking the ladder over. It was an AWESOME shot. One in a million that was fun to watch... Nicole & Travis lost - with smiles.



And, now, Memorial Day is over and It's my BIRTHDAY!! Thanks Mom!! Love you!



Did I mention - I finished my quilt!!!







1 comment:

rebecca said...

congrats on the quilt! things sound great. have a good day hon..