7.12.2007

Wow - It's JULY already!?!?

OK, So, where have we been for the past 2 1/2 months.... well, first, it was my birthday. Nicole came up to visit, and, as is tradition, we got our nails done. : )
It is a fun but expensive tradition. This time around we all got pedicures. See our pretty toes!
Beth & Ken & Aaron were in Washington to visit Ethan & Heather & the kids. We were lucky that they had time to come over & visit us for one evening.
Nicole misses her Daddy Ken & Beth.
It was a fun evening! We posed for pictures. We listened to Pono play her cello - Kalei joined in with his guitar; and we played family fun cranium. If you have never played that game - you should. it is a great family game!! See our clay cranium creation below...



And, I still never posted the rest of JJ & Megan's wedding pictures.... here are a couple of sweet pictures of Devon & Ke'ala. They were the last dance of the evening. TOO Sweet!


The end of May John & I were in Hawaii.... here is the last time the kids were together with Mom. She passed away less than a month after this picture. I miss her!


(Kathy, John, Mom (Lori), & Howie)

And, the most EXCITING new!!! We have TWO NEW BABIES!! Mi-Ki babies. Mi-ki is a hybrid dog - a combination of Maltese, Japanese chin & Papillon. We were going to bring John's parents dogs home with us but didn't - The dog's stayed in Hawaii with John's brother Howie. I don't think they would have liked the cold here...

So, John said that we could get dogs if they.... and gave a LONG laundry list of conditions Well, Challenge me. With his list, I found the Mi-Ki. They are a toy breed. They will not get bigger than 10 lbs. They are lovable, quiet, litter box trainable, sweet puppies. Needless to say, we are ALL in love with them!!

So, our babies... Our girl - She is a brown & white girl. her name is Ku'uipo. (koo-oo-EE-poh). Which is Hawaiian for My Sweetheart. She is a smooth coat (short hair) beauty. She is currently a whooping 3.25 lbs.



Our boy is a long haired black & white pup. He is beyond cute! His name is Punahele.
(Poo-nah-heh-leh) - Hawaiian for favored or favorite. He is all boy. Rambunctious little ball of hair... He looks bigger than Ku'uipo - But, he is a whole pound smaller - only 2.25 lbs!! He almost disappears when he is wet! hair & eyes...



So, that is why I haven't been keeping up on the blog....
too busy living!! : )
Ain't it grand!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your puppies are cute.. I can't wait to meet them! love you


Nicole

Heather said...

I was just getting on to say, "hey, blog something!" but then I found that you had - yeah for me!!

The Puppies are ADORABLE!! I wish you had had them while I was there... or maybe not. Eliza would have tortured them to death by never putting them down. So, perhaps it was all a good thing.

Glad life is busy and things are going well. The pictures were a hoot. Blog lots!

Love you guys!

Emily said...

Hey

Nic was up tonight and told me you got some puppies so I had to look!! I actually met a woman out in NH who had a Mi-ki. It was so adorable and so tinny!! I love it!! And it doesn't shed which is just the icing on the cake!

Loved the pics of Nic with mom and dad. They turned out great. And the pedis looked fabulous.

Hope to see you for dinner maybe next month!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi folks,
We really had a super time visiting you, even if it was only one night:) You have a gorgeous house and very talented kids. Loved being with Nikki - miss her bunches. Hope all is fine with everyone. So sorry that your trip to Hawaii was for such a sad situation-prayers for John and his family.
Love,
Ken